Hormonal background is important for the health of the whole organism, and experienced and novice athletes know that the level of muscle mass depends on its level and quality, as well as a decrease in the volume of subcutaneous tissue. So, the higher the blood level of the male androgen testosterone, the faster these physiological processes take place, and the sooner the bodybuilder gets the muscle definition he wants to achieve. However, not everyone knows how to properly increase the rate of the hormone, ensuring imbalance and not disrupting the work of many internal organs.
What processes are affected by testosterone, and what determines its level?
In medicine, it is customary to divide androgens into “male” and “female”, Although both species meet in the body as representatives of both sexes, their concentrations are different. The manifestation of secondary sexual characteristics depends on their level: a high rate of oestrogen in a woman will provide her with lush breasts and a high timbre of voice; testosterone will give a man a strong body, facial hair, and sexual hoarseness of speech. If, by virtue of hormonal disruption, the rate of “their” androgens decreases and alien androgens increase, secondary symptoms of the opposite sex appear. That is why it is important for both men and women to maintain the correct hormone balance.
The representatives of the stronger sex hormone testosterone are also responsible for:
- the volume and quality of muscle mass, its strength indicators, because they take part in the synthesis of proteins (the main building material of muscle cells) and help their proper assimilation;
- endurance of the body, the ability to withstand prolonged physical exertion and quickly recover from it;
- health of the sexual and reproductive system: the full value of potency, strength of erection, quality of seminal fluid, sexual attraction to the opposite sex, and other components of high-quality intimate life depend on its level;
- condition and proper functioning of the nervous and vascular systems;
- the correct course of metabolic processes, the deterioration of which invariably leads to the growth of adipose tissue and dysfunction of all body systems.
Maintaining the correct rate of androgen is possible if you eat healthy and clean and exercise on a regular basis. Special attention should be paid to:
- power loads;
- all kinds of wrestling.
Exceptional cardiovascular activity will give a less pronounced result, and in combination with strength exercises, it will accelerate the increase in testosterone levels. Exercises aimed at stretching (yoga and Pilates) are considered the least effective.
Nutrition is one of the key factors in regulating the hormone. It should include not only the right foods and dishes but also special sports nutrition. It is better if the scheme is selected by a specialist who takes into account:
- all individual anthropomorphic features of the representative of the stronger sex;
- his general physical condition;
- available chronic pathologies, and so on.
Another enemy of a healthy hormonal background is stress. The work of most body systems, and above all, the nervous and reproductive systems, depends on the state of emotional and mental health. Maintaining a normal androgen balance will help to obtain the following:
- a healthy, full sleep of at least 8 hours a day;
- control over your reaction to the daily “miner troubles”;
- avoiding stressful situations and a timely struggle with them;
- work with psychologists (if necessary).
If such methods are not enough and the athlete needs to slightly increase the hormone’s rate, various medications will come to the rescue. Usually, it is various dietary supplements and sports nutrition whose action is aimed at enhancing metabolic processes and stimulating the synthesis of testosterone. However, it should be noted that a specialist should also make their choice, and it is prohibited to violate the admission regimen since this can lead to a malfunction of the internal organs and their systems.
A regular sexual life has a huge influence on the level of testosterone. It does not matter the duration or number of sexual acts, as long as sex is regular and complete.
Ethanol and nicotine are capable of lowering the androgen rate, so working on a beautiful and strong figure necessarily includes giving up bad habits. Otherwise, toxic substances will destroy all of the testosterone in the body, causing its rate to fall to a critical level and resulting in physical weakness.As a result,
- decrease in the intensity of physical activity;
- dysfunctions of internal organs;
- an increase in adipose tissue;
- “Erasing” male secondary sexual characteristics and the appearance of females (usually obesity in the thighs and abdomen, the appearance of a low timbre of the voice, the growth of the mammary glands);
- changes in the psycho-emotional state—softness, vulnerability, tearfulness
Control of body weight is very important because, with obesity, a decrease in androgen can be up to 10–20% below the norm. However, proper nutrition, normalisation of metabolism, and sports will be the first steps towards your dream figure and a healthy body and lifestyle.